- The 2-channel DNS 2 is the first DNS designed specifically for portability and extreme simplicity of use.
- It hosts a new DNS algorithm that requires nothing more than switching on the Learn function that identifies and adapts to the background noise and dialling in the amount of noise attenuation required.
Retaining the near-zero latency of all its predecessors, it's suitable for use in all situations: -
- location recording,
- live-to-air broadcasting,
- live sound in venues such as theatres,
- concert halls,
- conferences venues,
- places of worship,
- as well as studio work and post.
- What's more, despite being so small and light that you can slip it inside your pocket or equipment bag, the DNS 2 offers analogue line and Microphone inputs (the latter with optional 48V phantom powering), an AES3/AES11 digital input, and both analogue and digital outputs.
- This increases its flexibility even further, and its 12V power input means that you can use it in the middle of a field as easily as in the studio or the edit suite.
Key features of the DNS 2:
- Small, light and portable
- A unique DNS algorithm with super-fast setup and control
- Analogue (microphone/line) and digital I/O
- 12V power
- Two linkable channels of CEDAR DNS
- Fully automatic processing in Learn mode
- Floating point processor, 2.4 GFLOP/s, 40-bit resolution
- Digital input and output (AES3)
- 24-bit resolution
- Sample rate (internal sync.) 48kHz
- Sample rate (external sync.) 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz
Balanced Analogue Line Inputs and Outputs:
- Nominal level: +4dBu with 20dB headroom
- Gain range: -6dB to +54dB
- DynaMicrohpone range: > 102dB
Ultra-low noise Microhponerophone amplifiers:
- Gain range: +18dB - +78dB
- DynaMicrohpone range: >102dB (at 36dB gain)
- Individually switchable phantom power
- 8VDC to 17.5VDC (nominal 12V)
- Power consumption: 4W typical, 6W maximum
- Mains operation (85VAC - 250VAC) via supplied adapter
- Dimensions: 164mm x 110mm x 44mm
- Weight: <500g