1 x B6 Lavalier Microphone
1 x Detachable adapter (optional)
1 x Hard shell carying case
1 x Black cable clip
1 x White cable clip
1 x Windscreen
3 x Protective caps:
1 x +0dB cap
1 x +4dB cap
1 x +8dB cap
Countryman B6 Omnidirectional Miniature Lavalier Microphone
Only one tenth of an inch in diameter, the B6 is the smallest lavalier in the world and outperforms microphones many times its size. The changeable protective caps provide moisture resistance and colour options and let you shape the frequency response to suit different applications or to match other microphones. With exceptionally low handling noise and rugged construction, the B6 is the ideal choice for theatre, broadcast, churches, and general lavalier applications.
- Nearly invisible. With a diameter of only 0.1” (2.5 mm) — the size of a No. 2 pencil lead — the mic capsule virtually disappears when worn.
- Rugged cable. Aramid strength members and engineered alloys ensure that our cables provide extreme tensile and flex strength.
- True colours. Our colours are precision-matched to theatre make-up shades to blend with a wide range of skin tones and clothing.
- Water resistance. Our mics are water-sealed so you can use them in the hair or against the skin under hot theatre lights without "sweat-outs".
Which sensitivity should I choose?
Making a microphone more sensitive to catch soft sounds means it will overload sooner for loud sounds. Because sound pressure levels vary between individuals and applications, we provide three sensitivities with three overload or clipping characteristics.
- The most sensitive (W4, grey band) is for general speaking, such as presentations or sermons, where the mic is positioned on the chest or lapel
- The middle sensitivity (W5, red band) is ideal for use as a head mic in theater
- The least sensitive mic (W6, blue band) with the highest overload sound level is a good choice for instrument applications, opera, or where the microphone will be positioned very near the mouth.
Which cap should I use?
The B6 Lavalier should always be used with a protective cap in place to keep sweat, make-up, and other foreign material out of the microphone. The three omni caps each have a different high-frequency response characteristic that controls the amount of “crispness” or “sibilance” (response at 15 kHz). To identify caps, compare size to the drawings. The omni ships with the +4 dB protective cap fitted to the mic. This will boost the perceived amount of presence in your sound, while leaving the lower frequencies unchanged. If you experience problems with high-frequency feedback, you should switch to the 0 dB cap.
We have an extensive inventory of audio equipment for hire with competitive rates ready at a moment's notice. We pay the most meticulous attention to detail in our hire prep so you can travel to shoots with the peace of mind that you have everything you need.
For weekly rental, you can pick up your gear the day before your production shoot after 3:00pm, and return by 10:00am after your shoot day. In the case of 7 day rental, you will only be charged for 4 billing days.
If shipping is required, we require a two day minimum hire period, with a travel day inbetween.
Orders can be cancelled for free up to 24 hours before pick up date, any notice within 24 hours of the pick up date will be charged a prep fee of 25% of the total amount.
Customers will provide a certificate of insurance listing Everything Audio as "loss payee" and "additional insured".
Please provide your contact telephone number.
Please provide the name and model of the product(s) you are enquiring about hiring.
What is the date range that you are looking to hire this/these product(s) for?
Please add the two numbers