Sound Devices SL2 + 2 x Lectrosonics DSR4 RX + DSR4SUPER Bottom Plates
This Bundle Includes
- 1 x Sound Devices SL-2 Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module for 8-Series Mixer / Recorders
- 2 x Lectrosonics DSR4 4-Channel Digital Hybrid Receiver
- 2 x Lectrosonics DSR4SUPER Unislot Adapter Backplate Kit
A1B1: 470 - 614MHz
B1C1: 567 - 691MHz
961: 961 - 1014MHz
Lectrosonics DSR4 4-Channel Digital Hybrid Receiver
- Two independent channels, compact design
- Vector diversity for superior performance
- Latest generation of SR Series: Compatible with huge existing ecosystem
- Compatible with D2, HDM, Duet and DCHX Digital modes and all hybrid modes
- 24 bit/48 kHz digital for flawless audio
- AES 256-bit, CTR mode encryption, with 4 different key policies available
- Analog and AES3 digital audio outputs
- External DC powering options and USB input for firmware updates and data transfer
The DSR4 digital receiver provide the highest level of RF and audio performance available with a versatile feature set in a compact design for camera mounted applications. Settings can be made from the front panel, making the unit ideal for use in camera hop configurations, in bags and on sound carts. An RF spectrum analyzer and SmartTune are built into the receivers to alleviate interference problems in an increasingly congested RF spectrum.
The mechanical design of the receivers fits into the SuperSlot ecosystem and combines field-proven features developed over many years of experience in motion picture and television production. To decrease weight, the DSR provide a two channel receiver in one unit powered by external DC. The receivers are also equipped with an IR port for data transfer between units. The machined aluminum housing and panels are surfaced with a hard-anodized finish with laser etched markings to withstand the rigors of field production.
The RF gain stages in the front end use a newly developed design to provide low noise RF amplification, excellent sensitivity and extremely low susceptibility to intermodulation and de-sensitization.
An ideal diversity system constructively combines all the energy available at both antennas. The DSR4 offers two diversity options: for 4-channel operation, each channel combines signals from both antennas in or out of phase, depending on field strength at each antenna and which combination yields the best results. For 2-channel operation, receivers can be paired for Vector Diversity operation. The Vector subsystem smoothly and continuously combines RF signals from both channels, with differing phase angles in order to obtain maximum energy. The four receivers in the DSR4 can be use separately or combined in pairs.
The DSR4 offers compatibility with the D-Squared and Duet digital transmitters, including the DBu, DHu, DPr, DBSM, DCHT, and M2T, and backward compatibility with any Digital Hybrid Wireless® transmitters including the SM and SMWB series, WM, HM Series, MM400 Series, HH Series, LT, LMb, UM400 Series, and SSM.
With a noise floor at -120 dBV and a frequency response to 20 kHz, high frequency noise in the source audio is more apparent than in conventional wireless systems. The SmartNR algorithm has three modes. When OFF, no noise reduction is performed. When NORMAL is selected, enough noise reduction is applied to remove most of the hiss from the mic preamp and some of the hiss from lavaliere microphones. When FULL is selected, enough noise reduction is applied to remove most of the hiss from nearly any signal source of reasonable quality, assuming levels are set correctly at the transmitter.
1 x SL-2 Wireless Module
1 x Set of bagged items for 8-Series
1 x Set of bagged items for Scorpio
2 x Promo stickers
1 x Product info sheet
1 x Product catalog
Sound Devices SL-2 Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module for 8-Series Mixer / Recorders
Streamline your bag with the SL-2 Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module. This two slot-in wireless receiver integration system easily mounts to the top panel of any 8-Series mixer-recorder. UniSlot and SuperSlot™ wireless receivers from a variety of manufacturers are accepted, including Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Wisycom, and Sennheiser. The SuperSlot protocol supports up to four channels of wireless audio per slot.
An 8-Series mixer-recorder supplies power to the SL-2 and slotted-in receivers – no external DC connector needed. Analog or digital audio is sent from the receivers into the mixer-recorder via the expansion port, reducing messy cabling for power and audio connectivity. The SL-2 offers antenna distribution to slot-in receivers, spreading out the placement of antennas for better RF performance. The rear panel of the SL-2 is equipped with two TA3 connectors for an additional four inputs of AES3 audio and two 4-pin Hirose DC Outputs, each supplying up to 500 mA for powering additional equipment.
- Compatible with the 833, 888, and the Scorpio.
- Supports up to 8 channels of audio.
- Accepts two UniSlot or SuperSlot wireless receivers from Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, and Wisycom.
- Built-in antenna distribution with antenna powering for active antennas or boosters.
- Supports remote control of third party smart antennas.
- Two auxiliary MCX antenna ports for connecting other receivers or RF distribution.
- Two TA3 AES3 inputs for 4 channels of digital audio.
- Two DC Outputs via Hirose 4-pin connectors, each supplying up to 500 mA.
- Powers via an 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Accepts either analog or digital audio from slot-in receivers.
- Ability to set and monitor multiple functions of a SuperSlot-compatible receiver from the 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- RF Scan with visual representation of the RF spectrum.
- Monitor transmitter battery, receiver audio, and RF levels.
- Rugged, lightweight, and compact design.
- Mounts to the top of any 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Same width as the 833.
Which SuperSlot receivers are supported by SL-2?
SuperSlot is an open standard. Wireless receivers from several manufacturers are supported, allowing you to use your favorite brand, as well as leveraging your existing transmitter and receiver investment:
- Audio Ltd A10-RX
- Lectrosonics SRb (with audio board update from Lectrosonics)
- Lectrosonics SRc
- Lectrosonics SRc-941
- Lectrosonics SRb5P and SRc5P (Slot A only)
- Sennheiser EK-6042
- Sony DWR-S03D (in future firmware update)
- Wisycom MCR42 (with SLK42-IKSS rear panel adapter from Wisycom)
- Wisycom MCR54 (in future firmware update)
Answers to any more FAQ's can be found on Sound Devices' Website.
Lectrosonics DSR4SUPER Unislot Adapter Backplate Kit
Bottom plate adapter kit for Unislot® camera slots such as those provided on Ikegami® and Panasonic® cameras.*
The rear panel DB25 connector is wired for power and audio connections.
Includes DB25 rear panel, spacer bezel / flange, gasket & screws set.
* Panasonic is a registered trademark of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
We have an extensive inventory of audio equipment for hire with competitive rates ready at a moment's notice. We pay the most meticulous attention to detail in our hire prep so you can travel to shoots with the peace of mind that you have everything you need.
For weekly rental, you can pick up your gear the day before your production shoot after 3:00pm, and return by 10:00am after your shoot day. In the case of 7 day rental, you will only be charged for 4 billing days.
If shipping is required, we require a two day minimum hire period, with a travel day inbetween.
Orders can be cancelled for free up to 24 hours before pick up date, any notice within 24 hours of the pick up date will be charged a prep fee of 25% of the total amount.
Customers will provide a certificate of insurance listing Everything Audio as "loss payee" and "additional insured".
Please provide your contact telephone number.
Please provide the name and model of the product(s) you are enquiring about hiring.
What is the date range that you are looking to hire this/these product(s) for?
Please add the two numbers