1 x The Spacer Bubble mesh base
1 x The Long-Haired Spacer Cover
1 x Mesh storage bag
Bubblebee Industries The Spacer Bubble - XS - Big Mount (Select Option)
The Spacer Bubble gives you the right balance between wind-protection and audio transparency in changing conditions.
For use with shotgun microphones with an interference tube length of 55mm and a mic diameter of 23-26mm.
The Spacer Bubble, is a multi-piece adaptable windshield solution for shotgun microphones designed specifically for boom operators, camera folks, sound mixers and all sound recordists who experience changing conditions. The Spacer Bubble includes the spacer base, long-haired fur cover and a carry pouch. A short-haired fur cover is available separately if you need it.
- Switch locations fast and always get the best audio transparency while blocking unwanted noise from vocal plosives, boom 'swoosh' and wind.
- Specially designed rubber base for super easy and secure mounting.
- Base windshield made from highly efficient mesh to allow your microphone to sound as naked as possible.
- Slip-on fur made from Bubblebee Industries' best imitation fur (high density of hairs per cm2) which allows for optimal frequency transparency and effective wind protection.
- Quick drying fur; if it gets wet simply place it in the aerated mesh bag and allow it to dry naturally.
- Available in seven different sizes - to ensure you find a size that perfectly fits your favourite shotgun mic.
- Save valuable time while getting best quality.
- Practical mesh bag included for easy storage and fast mounting.
- Designed in Denmark by sound lovers, for sound lovers.
The Spacer Bubble Shotgun microphone windshield is constructed of a noise-free mesh base, with a coarse foam inside and our specially designed rubber mount at the bottom.
The combination of the foam and the mesh provides the perfect conditions for recording indoors. And if you suddenly have to act fast and go outside, simply slip-on the long-haired fur and experience the optimal transparency within seconds.
When your recordings are wrapped, you can always keep track of your spacer bubble by leaving on the base on your boom or camera mic, and collecting the slip-on fur in the included practical mesh storage bag. That way you'll always be ready!
The materials used in The Spacer Bubble have been carefully selected and tested to ensure you are able to stay protected from the wind, whilst retaining as much of your microphones original frequency response as possible. If you're working in light to medium winds, we also have The Short-Haired Spacer Cover (sold separately) to allow you to further strike a balance between wind protection and frequency transparency.
Also available in
- XS (interference tube length: 55mm / mic diameter: 18-24mm)
- Small (interference tube length: 105mm / mic diameter: 18-24mm)
- Medium (interference tube length: 130mm / mic diameter: 18-24mm)
- Large (interference tube length: 155mm / mic diameter: 18-24mm)
- XL (interference tube length: 180mm / mic diameter: 18-24mm)
- XL Big Mount (interference tube length: 180mm / mic diameter: 23-26mm)
This list is up-to-date as of 01/01/2022 and could possibly be outdated by now. If you do not see your mic listed here, please check the Bubblebee Official Size Guide for more information.
XS Big Mount - For use with shotgun microphones with an interference tube length of 55mm and a mic diameter of 23-26mm.
Sennheiser: MKH 30, MKH 40, MKH 50
Also available in these sizes:
XS - For use with shotgun microphones with an interference tube length of 55mm and a mic diameter of 18-24mm.
Audio-Technica: AT 4053
DPA: 4018, 4015, 4011, 4006 (A, B or C preamps)
Neumann: KM184, KM185
Sanken: CS-M1, CMS-50
Schoeps: CMC Series
Sennheiser: ME 62, ME 64
Sennheiser: MKH 8020, MKH 8040, MKH 8050
Sony: ECM-100N, ECM-100U, ECM-MS2
Small - For use with shotgun microphones with an interference tube length of 105mm and a mic diameter of 18-24mm.
Deity: S-Mic 2s
JVC Camera Mic
Sony Camera Mic, ECM-673, ECM-679x
Medium - For use with shotgun microphones with an interference tube length of 130mm and a mic diameter of 18-24mm.
Audio-Technica: AT 877, AT 4073
Deity: V-Mic D3 Pro
DPA: 4017B, 4017C
Sanken: CS-1e, CSS-50
Schoeps: CMIT 5
Sennheiser: MKH 8060
Large - For use with shotgun microphones with an interference tube length of 155mm and a mic diameter of 18-24mm.
Audio Technica AT 835ST, AT 897
Neumann KMR 81i, KMR 81D
RØDE: NTG-1, NTG-2, NTG-4, NTG-4+
Schoeps: SuperCMIT 2
Sennheiser: MKE 600
Shure: VP82, VP89S
XL - For use with shotgun microphones with an interference tube length of 180mm and a mic diameter of 18-24mm.
Deity: S-Mic 2
Sanken: CS-3e, CSR-2
Sennheiser: ME 66, MKH 416
XL Big Mount - For use with shotgun microphones with an interference tube length of 180mm and a mic diameter of 23-26mm.
Sennheiser: MKH 60
We have an extensive inventory of audio equipment for hire with competitive rates ready at a moment's notice. We pay the most meticulous attention to detail in our hire prep so you can travel to shoots with the peace of mind that you have everything you need.
For weekly rental, you can pick up your gear the day before your production shoot after 3:00pm, and return by 10:00am after your shoot day. In the case of 7 day rental, you will only be charged for 4 billing days.
If shipping is required, we require a two day minimum hire period, with a travel day inbetween.
Orders can be cancelled for free up to 24 hours before pick up date, any notice within 24 hours of the pick up date will be charged a prep fee of 25% of the total amount.
Customers will provide a certificate of insurance listing Everything Audio as "loss payee" and "additional insured".
Please provide your contact telephone number.
Please provide the name and model of the product(s) you are enquiring about hiring.
What is the date range that you are looking to hire this/these product(s) for?
Please add the two numbers