Remote Audio Rainman Boom Mic Rain Cover & Waterproof Hood
A NEW Re-Designed Rainman
- Brand New Waterproof Hood: Included with every new Rainman and also available separately, the new water-proof hood is extremely durable.
- Improved Weather Seal: The re-designed outer seal provides more peace of mind with super strong and durable Velcro™
- State of the Art Fabric Technology: Minimized cell size leads to improved breathability, moisture-wicking power and water shedding.
- Protects the sound: The RAINMAN softens the impact of rain drops falling onto the boom microphone.
- Protects the microphone: The RAINMAN channels rain away from the microphone, along the outside of the “zeppelin” style windscreen.
- How does it sound? Like it’s not even there. The RAINMAN is more acoustically transparent than traditional “furry” windshield covers
The RAINMAN is made of a soft, lightweight batting that does not absorb water or mat up when wet. Instead, the rain drops simply slow down as they flow through and are channeled out the front. The exterior is net material with sturdy stitching and a Velcro closure. The RAINMAN easily slides onto most windscreens, and is secured with Velcro.
The RAINMAN goes on and off quickly and easily. To install the RAINMAN, simply slide it on with the open end at the front of the microphone then close the Velcro slot.
In heavier rain, the RAINMAN may eventually take on water faster than it can channel it through. In this case, it may be a good idea to occasionally remove the RAINMAN and shake or wring the water out. With a little experience you will get a feel for when and how often this should be done. The RAINMAN’s effectiveness has been proven in actual production environments.
It is recommended that the RAINMAN be used without a furry wind cover. However, for added wind protection, a stretchy “sock” type cover may be used under the RAINMAN.
Current size fits:
- Rycote Windshield Kit 4 ( MKH416, MKH 60, CMIT 5U, KMR 81, CS-3e)
- Rycote Cyclone Windshield Kit - Medium
- The RAINMAN will fit other popular brands of similar sizing
We have an extensive inventory of audio equipment for hire with competitive rates ready at a moment's notice. We pay the most meticulous attention to detail in our hire prep so you can travel to shoots with the peace of mind that you have everything you need.
For weekly rental, you can pick up your gear the day before your production shoot after 3:00pm, and return by 10:00am after your shoot day. In the case of 7 day rental, you will only be charged for 4 billing days.
If shipping is required, we require a two day minimum hire period, with a travel day inbetween.
Orders can be cancelled for free up to 24 hours before pick up date, any notice within 24 hours of the pick up date will be charged a prep fee of 25% of the total amount.
Customers will provide a certificate of insurance listing Everything Audio as "loss payee" and "additional insured".
Please provide your contact telephone number.
Please provide the name and model of the product(s) you are enquiring about hiring.
What is the date range that you are looking to hire this/these product(s) for?
Please add the two numbers