1 x Set of 2 Magnet locking windshield 3D Tex basket halves
1 x Windjammer
1 x ‘No tools needed’ mic mounting barw/ cable clips
1 x Multiple pairs of advanced Lyre mounts (17-21 & 22-25*)
1 x Friction brake swivel arm with PCS-tip
1 x Swivel arm 3/8” thread adaptor (for usage on booms or stands)
1 x PCS ergonomic handle
1 x Low-profile XLR cable with built-in RF filter and switchable 80Hz low-cut
1 x Low-profile XLR3 Digital cable
1 x 360-adjustable and reversible XLR holder
1 x Protective case
*Depending on model
Rycote Nano-Shield Ultra-Lightweight Windshield Kit
The Nano-Shield is Rycote’s lightest, smallest and most advanced windshield kit yet. The Nano-Shield has been designed to provide excellent wind protection and acoustic transparency for capturing clean audio.
- Mix-n-Match Design - The Nano Shield kits use a unique magnetic locking basket design which can be configured to fit various microphone sizes by simply swapping out basket halves.
- Advanced Lyre Mounts - Rycote® has advanced our patented Lyre® mount and redesigned them specifically for the Nano Shield kits.
- No Tools Required - The Lyre® mounts and mounting bar on the Nano Shield can be adjusted, repositioned or swapped out by loosening / tightening the thumbwheel attached to the bar.
- 30% lighter than existing Modular windshield kits
- Smaller overall footprint compared to existing kits
- Interchangeable magnetic basket halves for fast setups & mic swaps
- Redesigned & patented Lyre mounts offer improved handling noise reduction
- No tools needed to make adjustments or swap out Lyre mounts
- Oval blimp design with non-parallel sides offers better wind protection with less internal resonance
- Large hexagonal pockets provide better acoustic transparency and less high frequency loss
- Slim design friction-braking swivel arm
- Low profile XLR cable with built in RF filter and switchable 80Hz low-cut included
- Ergonomic handle with built-in PCS quick release
- Removable / interchangeable windshield socks
- Reversible XLR holder (points out for wireless transmitters & points in for direct-to-cable connection)
- See compatibility chart for Nano-Shield Kits sizes to use with various microphones
Setting a New Standard
The Nano Shield offers an enhanced level of wind protection paired with improved acoustic transparency. The kits are smaller and on average weigh 30% lighter than Modular Windshield Kits. The updated advanced Lyre mounts are also more compliant and offer better handling noise reduction. Overall the Nano Shield Kits raise the bar for performance and versatility.
Mix-and-Match Basket Design
The Nano Shield kits use a special magnetic locking basket design, which can be configured to fit various microphone sizes by simply swapping out basket halves. Each size of basket half can interlock with any other size. They also have two manual locking sliders to hold everything secure and noise free. Quickly and easily access mics by simply pulling the halves apart.
Lighter, Smaller, and More Flexible
The Nano Shield kits are on average 30% lighter than standard kits and have a smaller footprint when used with the same microphones. The basket shell is made from semi-rigid material that combines strength with flexibility. Layers of extra wind shielding can easily be added as you move from indoors to outdoors.
Advanced Lyre Mounts
Rycote has advanced the patented Lyre mount and redesigned them specifically for the Nano Shield kits. While the basic shape might look similar, the material, thickness, center of gravity, and mechanical properties have been engineered to provide a more compliant handling response in the direction the microphone is pointing whilst giving more stability in other directions to prevent mics from "bottoming-out" or moving side-to-side.
No Tools Required
The Lyre mounts and mounting bar on the Nano Shield can be adjusted, repositioned, or swapped out by loosening/tightening the thumbwheel attached to the bar. Likewise, the swivel arm can be repositioned by loosening the friction braking wheel with interchangeable adapters for an integrated PCS tip or 3/8" thread.
RF Filter and Low-Cut XLR
The Nano Shield comes supplied with a low-profile XLR cable that has both an active in-line RF filter and a switchable 80 Hz low-cut filter (requires phantom power).
Ready to Use Out of the Box
The basket design and available layers of shielding allow you to customize the level of wind protection to meet your needs. In addition, the patented mounting bar and Lyre mounts can be repositioned, swapped out, and taken apart without the need for any tools.
We have an extensive inventory of audio equipment for hire with competitive rates ready at a moment's notice. We pay the most meticulous attention to detail in our hire prep so you can travel to shoots with the peace of mind that you have everything you need.
For weekly rental, you can pick up your gear the day before your production shoot after 3:00pm, and return by 10:00am after your shoot day. In the case of 7 day rental, you will only be charged for 4 billing days.
If shipping is required, we require a two day minimum hire period, with a travel day inbetween.
Orders can be cancelled for free up to 24 hours before pick up date, any notice within 24 hours of the pick up date will be charged a prep fee of 25% of the total amount.
Customers will provide a certificate of insurance listing Everything Audio as "loss payee" and "additional insured".
Please provide your contact telephone number.
Please provide the name and model of the product(s) you are enquiring about hiring.
What is the date range that you are looking to hire this/these product(s) for?
Please add the two numbers