Sound Devices A20 QuickDock for 8-Series Mixer / Recorders
The A20-Nexus can be docked to Sound Devices 833, 888, or Scorpio mixer-recorders using the A20-QuickDock accessory, which provides convenient power, audio, and timecode connections with no additional cables. This accessory allows the A20-Nexus to connect and disconnect from the 833, 888, or Scorpio in seconds with no tools, and be remote mounted when desired.
When docked on an 8-Series:
- Power must be provided by the 8-Series - A20-Nexus power inputs (TA4 and PoE+) are disabled.
- The A20-Nexus and its Nexlinked transmitters are controlled from the A20-Nexus front panel or its web app. The 8-Series user interface is not used for control.
- Most A20-Nexus rear panel connectors are disabled apart from the antenna connectors, the USB-A port and the Ethernet ports.
- The USB-A port has the following capabilities when A20-Nexus is docked on an 8-Series:
- Pairing A20-Mini transmitters to the A20-Nexus by connecting a USB-C cable from the transmitter to the USB-A port.
- Attaching a USB keyboard for entering text directly (e.g. receiver channel names) into the A20-Nexus.
- Mounting a USB thumb drive for updating A20-Nexus firmware.
- Jamming 8-Series timecode to an A20-Mini via the A20-Nexus.
- When docked to an 8-Series, the A20-Nexus Ethernet ports can only be used for control, not Dante.
The A20-QuickDock comes with the following parts:
- Mounting plate with detachable Quick Release mechanism and multi-pin connector.
- 2 mm and 1/16” allen keys.
- Four 1/16” allen screws for securing the mounting plate to the bottom of the A20-Nexus.
- Three long 2 mm and two short 2 mm allen mounting pillars for securing the rear of the A20-Nexus with mounting plate to the top of the 8-Series.
We have an extensive inventory of audio equipment for hire with competitive rates ready at a moment's notice. We pay the most meticulous attention to detail in our hire prep so you can travel to shoots with the peace of mind that you have everything you need.
For weekly rental, you can pick up your gear the day before your production shoot after 3:00pm, and return by 10:00am after your shoot day. In the case of 7 day rental, you will only be charged for 4 billing days.
If shipping is required, we require a two day minimum hire period, with a travel day inbetween.
Orders can be cancelled for free up to 24 hours before pick up date, any notice within 24 hours of the pick up date will be charged a prep fee of 25% of the total amount.
Customers will provide a certificate of insurance listing Everything Audio as "loss payee" and "additional insured".
Please provide your contact telephone number.
Please provide the name and model of the product(s) you are enquiring about hiring.
What is the date range that you are looking to hire this/these product(s) for?
Please add the two numbers