Schoeps CMC 1U Miniature Microphone Amplifier
The CMC 1 is our new, small Colette microphone amplifier, about one-third the length and 53% lighter than the CMC 6. It is compatible with all components of the Colette system and can be used in place of the CMC 6 without compromise, for all applications in which the size and weight of the microphone play a role.
- Complete alternative to the renowned CMC 6
- Fully compatible with all existing MK capsules and Colette active accessories such as the CUT 60 and RC tubes
- Suitable mounting accessories are already available, such as the CINELA E-OSIX-CMC1U and the Rycote INV-6 elastic suspensions.
At SCHOEPS, “uncompromising miniaturization” means that the electrical characteristics of the CMC 1 are equal to, or even better than, those of the CMC 6. Through modern electronic design, these outstanding electrical properties have been achieved:
- High maximum SPL: 135 dB-SPL with the MK 4 (0.5% THD or less)
- Very low current consumption: 2.0 mA at 48 Volts
- Operates on 48 V or 12 V phantom power, reliable operation even if powering is somewhat marginal
- Very high immunity from RF interference with the SCHOEPS RFI Shield; high immunity to cable-induced hum and other interference (field tested with Audio Limited A 10, etc.)
- Flat frequency response
- Very low distortion constant output impedance across the audio frequency range
- Balanced, direct-coupled, class-A output circuit
- Output is filtered in the ultrasonic range to prevent interference, e.g. from camera autofocus
A complete Colette-series microphone consists of an MK capsule and a CMC amplifer. All capsules and active accessories of the Colette system are compatible with the CMC 1.
The CMC 1 works with standard 12-Volt or 48-Volt phantom powering. Power consumption is lower at 12 Volts--an advantage for battery-powered operation
Alignment of vertical capsules with the CMC 1/6:
The CMC 1 U can be used in many suspensions (e.g. OSIX) that have a rigid orientation of the XLR connector and thus the amplifier. Also in the compatible MS and dual MS setups (for example, Cyclone), the alignment is fixed. As a result, the microphone cannot be rotated arbitrarily in such a suspension. For axially aligned capsules like the MK 4 this is not important, but a vertical capsule like the MK 8 has to be aligned radially.
We have an extensive inventory of audio equipment for hire with competitive rates ready at a moment's notice. We pay the most meticulous attention to detail in our hire prep so you can travel to shoots with the peace of mind that you have everything you need.
For weekly rental, you can pick up your gear the day before your production shoot after 3:00pm, and return by 10:00am after your shoot day. In the case of 7 day rental, you will only be charged for 4 billing days.
If shipping is required, we require a two day minimum hire period, with a travel day inbetween.
Orders can be cancelled for free up to 24 hours before pick up date, any notice within 24 hours of the pick up date will be charged a prep fee of 25% of the total amount.
Customers will provide a certificate of insurance listing Everything Audio as "loss payee" and "additional insured".
Please provide your contact telephone number.
Please provide the name and model of the product(s) you are enquiring about hiring.
What is the date range that you are looking to hire this/these product(s) for?
Please add the two numbers