1 x A20-Nexus Receiver
2 x A20-Monarch SpectraBand Antennas
2 x Articulating Arm Mounts
2 x BNC – BNC Cables (75cm)
2 x NexLink Side Mounting Brackets
2 x 2.4GHz SMA Tilting Antennas
2 x SMA - SMA Cables
Sound Devices A20-Nexus 8-16 Channel True Diversity Receiver with SpectraBand Technology
The future of wireless
Meet the half-rack receiver with an entire rack's worth of features. The next-generation A20-Nexus is expandable from 8 channels up to 16 channels with software licenses and features forward-thinking technologies like SpectraBand, the powerful NexLink remote-control link, real time spectrum analysis, and more. With multiple options for audio outputs, powering, and remote control, the A20-Nexus can seamlessly adapt to your workflow, both now and in the future.
- 8-channel ultra-high-performance, true-diversity receivers in a ½ rack size (8.0” x 6.6” x 1.6”).
- Expandable to 12- or 16-channels via software license (coming soon).
- 470 MHz – 1525 MHz tuning range via SpectraBand Technology.
- NexLink: integrated, long distance remote control of all wireless transmitters
- Dante audio-over-IP of RF receiver audio.
- Flexible powering: via PoE+, DC input, 8-Series, or AC mains (with optional adapter).
- Web App control from browser on any computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Full remote operation capability: Power via PoE, audio via Dante, control via Web App.
- Dual DB-25 connectors for 16 channels of mic, line, or AES outputs
- 16 channels of Dante audio-over-IP output to DB25 connectors on the back panel.
- Wide, 6.2” color OLED array with touch for control and monitoring.
- Integrated Real Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTSA) and scanning for intuitive frequency coordination.
- Optical Fiber Network option via SFP slot. SFP accepts a wide variety of modular network transceivers.
- A20-QuickDock allows docking and undocking in seconds from 8-Series mixer-recorders with no tools.
- Supports GainForward Architecture: No gain setting on the A20-Mini transmitter. Adjust gain at the receiver or mixer.
- 100% digital long-range modulation delivers the longest transmission distance of any system on the market.
- Excellent audio quality, full 10 Hz – 20 kHz audio bandwidth.
- RF SAW filters for excellent rejection of interference from nearby IFB or camera hop transmitters.
- BNC timecode input for auto timecode sync of transmitters over NexLink
SpectraBand technology delivers a tuning range of 470 – 1525 MHz in a single unit – an industry first. Experience ultimate flexibility as you find open spectrum away from the crowded UHF TV band. The included A20-Monarch antennas can receive the entire 470-1525 MHz range, keeping your kit small and tidy.
Control your A20-Mini transmitter using the built-in long range remote control link. NexLink’s advanced long distance modulation reaches even farther than the A20-Mini’s long-range audio transmission.
You’ve got options. Configure your A20-Nexus for Dante audio, use the built-in web server to control the receiver using the web browser on any computer, tablet, or phone, and even power the A20-Nexus remotely using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
Real time spectrum analysis
The days of waiting for a frequency scan to complete are over. Instantly visualize the fluctuating RF spectrum around you in real time – while running all channels of the audio.
With the A20-Mini’s GainForward Architecture, easily set the Mini’s gain, low-cut, and limiter directly on your A20-Nexus or mixer-recorder. This immediate, local control of gain means never having to adjust the gain on the transmitter again.
Thanks to its half-rack size, the A20-Nexus is equally at home in a rack, in a bag, or docked to an 8-Series mixer recorder for a cableless kit.
The A20-Nexus and A20-Mini deliver the longest transmission distance of any system on the market.¹ The state-of-the-art, 100% digital long-range modulation offers the same great audio quality (10 Hz – 20 kHz) as our Standard modulation scheme with a longer range for both line-of-sight and heavy multipath transmission.
Shoot for the stars
The A20-Nexus joins the growing lineup of Sound Devices Astral™ wireless products. With industry-leading features like SpectraBand, GainForward, NexLink, long range modulation, real time spectrum analysis, and more, the Astral Series pushes the bounds of wireless audio.
We have an extensive inventory of audio equipment for hire with competitive rates ready at a moment's notice. We pay the most meticulous attention to detail in our hire prep so you can travel to shoots with the peace of mind that you have everything you need.
For weekly rental, you can pick up your gear the day before your production shoot after 3:00pm, and return by 10:00am after your shoot day. In the case of 7 day rental, you will only be charged for 4 billing days.
If shipping is required, we require a two day minimum hire period, with a travel day inbetween.
Orders can be cancelled for free up to 24 hours before pick up date, any notice within 24 hours of the pick up date will be charged a prep fee of 25% of the total amount.
Customers will provide a certificate of insurance listing Everything Audio as "loss payee" and "additional insured".
Please provide your contact telephone number.
Please provide the name and model of the product(s) you are enquiring about hiring.
What is the date range that you are looking to hire this/these product(s) for?
Please add the two numbers